WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has fired Geoffrey S. Berman, the U.S. attorney in Manhattan overseeing key prosecutions of President Donald Trumps’s allies and an investigation of his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, according to Attorney General William Barr.
Barr says Trump Berman defied administration effort to remove him.
“I’m just here to do my job,″ Geoffrey S. Berman told reporters on Saturday.
This story will be updated
Latest News Headlines:
- Trump fires US attorney who investigated his allies
- Shooting in Seattle protest zone leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Trump campaign: 6 staffers helping set up for Tulsa rally test positive for COVID-19
- Officials: Los Angeles County deputy kills man carrying gun
- San Francisco Premium Outlets reopen with new safety guidelines